A Comprehensive Introduction to Smile Transformation
A smile makes over, or transformation, is a dental procedure that includes a customized treatment plan that will fit your specific needs. It may involve a single or more than one dental cosmetic procedure to improve the appearance of our smile. Our dentist in Stockton, CA, will use the latest dental technologies and cosmetic techniques, such as dental bonding, to restore and preserve the structure of your teeth. Before deciding to have a smile transformation, it’s essential to ask yourself what you like and don’t like about your smile or teeth. Here are aspects you can discuss with your dentist before the transformation.
- Tooth-colour. Tooth colour and shade will be considered during your dental assessment and examination.
- Missing Teeth. A tooth gap can impact the appearance of your smile and increase the risk of dental issues such as decay.
- Teeth Alignment and Spacing. Overlapped, crooked, and overly spaced teeth can affect your smile and bite.
The Versatility of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a versatile and straightforward restorative dental treatment offered at our dental office near you. Whether you have decayed, crooked or chipped teeth, dental bonding will cover them up or rebuild the damaged areas. Here is minor dental flaws dental bonding near you can be used to fix.
- Gaps. Bonding materials can be placed on your teeth to fill in tiny spaces between them. However, if you have significant tooth gaps, the dentist may recommend shifting your teeth through braces or Invisalign.
- If your teeth are abnormally short or small, bonding can be used to change their shape for a straighter smile. Additionally, bonding materials can also be used to fill the spaces made by receding gums.
- Discoloured Teeth. There are those tooth stains that cannot be removed even with professional whitening procedures. Luckily, dental bonding can be used to give you a new bright smile.
- Broken or Cracked Tooth. Bonding can be used to fix small chips or cracks to strengthen your tooth structure. It can also be recommended to correct jagged chips on your back teeth that may make chewing uncomfortable.
How Dental Bonding Can Correct Various Dental Imperfections
Dental bonding in Stockton involves a noninvasive procedure. Your teeth will be prepared by roughening them before its brushed with a conditioning solution that enables the bonding material to attach to the tooth. During this stage, the material will be soft and putty, which allows the dentist to manipulate it into the desired shape and size. The bonding used is one that closely matches your natural look for a uniform and more natural smile.
After the resin is placed and sculpted, the dentist will then harden it using a special laser or blue light. Once it’s bonded, the dentist does the final touches, which include smoothening the rough patches and polishing.
Exploring The Benefits for Your Oral Health and Confidence
- Higher Self-Esteem. Being aware of your smile flaws can make you conscious while interacting with others. But with a healthy smile and confident smile, you can readily embrace your inner and outer natural beauty. This will increase your self-esteem and be able to be more open, happy, and extroverted in social events.
- It makes a Good First Impression. A great smile isn’t all about your physical appearance but also how healthy your gums, teeth, and jawbone are. You will be more approachable if you have an easygoing and carefree smile.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety. Confident smiles can reduce stress and anxiety. If you are self-conscious about your smile, you may feel anxious about social functions, which could affect your mental wellness. You are likely to be more relaxed and at ease at a gathering if you are confident about your smile.
- Clearer Speech. The state of your oral teeth directly impacts your pronunciation and speech precision. Properly aligned or straight teeth will help improve your communication skills in social and professional interactions.
- Improved Overall Health. Poor oral health has been related to a range of health issues, such as respiratory diseases, diabetes, and heart condition. Feeling confident about your smile and having healthy oral health will improve your overall well-being and lower the risk of dental issues such as gum disease and cavities.
Talk to our dentist at SmilePro Dental if you are considering dental bonding to correct your dental flaws. A healthy and stunning smile will make your life easier and improve your physical and mental well-being. Book an appointment at our dental office near you.