Here at SmilePro Dental, we encourage parents and caregivers to prioritize ongoing dental care for their children. Despite being temporary, your child's primary or milk teeth are vital. Milk teeth allow children to chew and speak correctly. They also act as placeholders for the permanent teeth and guide the eruption of the latter.
The Impact of Childhood Cavities
According to the Centers for Diseases Control (CDC), childhood cavities are among the most prevalent chronic childhood diseases in the United States. When left untreated, early childhood cavities can cause severe pain and disrupt a child’s ability to eat, speak, play and learn. In addition, it’s reported that children with poor oral health miss school more and often record lower grades.
Visiting a trusted, child-friendly dental office every six months is an excellent way of safeguarding your child’s oral health. If you’re looking for a dental practice well-versed in children’s dentistry in Stockton, CA, don’t hesitate to get in touch with SmilePro Dental today.
Our Comprehensive Children’s Dentistry Services
Our skilled and experienced dentist in Stockton, CA, is well-versed in a wide range of children’s dentistry services, including:
- Dental x-rays: Dental imaging allows us to gather dental health insights hidden from the naked eye. We use low-radiation digital x-rays to obtain crisp images of your child’s soft and hard oral cavity tissues.
- Dental exams: During a dental exam, our dentist near you inspects your child’s mouth to assess their risk of developing particular dental problems.
- Fluoride treatments: Regular fluoride treatments strengthen tooth enamel, lowering the risk of cavities.
- Dental sealants: Tooth sealants are plastic or composite resin coatings applied to the back teeth to form a protective barrier against cavity-causing acids, plaque, and bacteria.
- Root canal treatment: Endodontic treatment is performed to eliminate diseased dental pulp. If your child is experiencing persistent toothaches, heightened tooth sensitivity, or discoloration, they may be a good candidate for root canal therapy.
- Tooth fillings: Tooth fillings restore dental form and function after decay and other forms of damage.
- Dental extraction: If there’s no chance of saving a tooth, our dentist in Stockton, CA, may recommend tooth removal. We perform both simple and surgical extractions.
- Emergency dentistry: Our dentist provides timely emergency dentistry for different dental emergencies, including knocked-out teeth and soft tissue injuries.
If you’re seeking a trusted dental office offering patient-tailored children’s dentistry near you, please call SmilePro Dental.